Well, well, the day has finally come! After nearly a year in discussion, design, and development with my new partner Stencil Ease, I'm thrilled to announce the official launch of my new Prettier PlaquesTM stencil series, along with a host of other stenciling accessories and general-purpose stencils from Stencil Ease's Confection Couture line all to be found on the Stencil Ease site!
I couldn't be more thrilled about this partnership (the Stencil Ease team is terrific) and how the initial launch designs have shaped up. Thank you to Jim, Stephanie, Catherine, and everyone else on the Stencil Ease team! You are amazing!
Of course, I'll be adding new stencils to this series each month, and additional series over time, but there's already lots from which to choose - 16 five-stencil plaque sets, all 80 stencils that make up these sets (sold as separates), 22 general-purpose stencils in the Confection Couture line, and several other stenciling tools including airbrush coloring, offset spatulas, cookie cutters, and stencil holders. Below is one small, but sweet sampling of the Prettier PlaquesTM sets that you'll find, with designs for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the New Year, all coming just in time!
Here's what they look like in the packaging!
Here's what a few look like on real cookies!
And here's another for Valentine's Day in bolder, brighter colors . . .
To celebrate my launch, Stencil Ease and I are giving away $200 worth (!) of these stencils (or other related products on the Stencil Ease site). But, before I get to the giveaway details, let me share a little background about this series - i.e., how it came about, how the pieces work together, and some other cool features.
Bit of Background
You can read about the entire genesis of the Prettier PlaquesTM idea, starting back in May 2014 (yes, it was that long ago, folks!), here, and about how they're laser-cut at the Stencil Ease facility here. But, suffice it to say that the concept was born from my desire to make stenciled message plaques easier to do and more elegant than ever.
Each of the sets in my Prettier PlaquesTM series contains four stencils and one masking piece. Thanks to the masking piece, backgrounds no longer have to compete with words. Plus, all sets fit the most popular 3- to 4-inch plaque cutters, allowing the backgrounds to display beautifully!
In the video below (and also in instructions here and attached at the end of this post), I show how I typically use these sets to create a fully layered look, but feel free to get creative! All stencils can be used on their own or with others in the set; messages and frames can be mixed and matched with backgrounds in other sets; and all stencils work with both royal icing and airbrushing. In short, it's all very versatile!
Here are those other cool factoids to know:
- All stencils are made in the USA with 10 mil food-grade MylarTM. MylarTM is more durable than the standard plastic used on most other cookie stencils, yet still flexible enough to conform well to cookie surfaces.
- All stencils are laser-cut, allowing for finer designs that can be cut more quickly.
- I'm building a how-to video library, where my stencil designs and methods will be fully explained. So bookmark this YouTube playlist pronto!
- We'll be introducing a Stencil of the Month Club in mid-December, which will allow you to get the latest designs ($20 retail value per month) at roughly a 20% discount! Stay tuned for more details!
- Last but not least, we'll also be creating an area on the Stencil Ease site where you can upload images of your cookies that use our stencils. But for now, please share them on the Stencil Ease Facebook page, where we'll then spread them throughout social media if you'd like!
Now, for what you've all been waiting for . . . that giveaway!
All of the details will be spelled out when you click on the giveaway widget below, but, in short, we're giving away $200 worth of stencils (or stencil-related products)* to one lucky winner, whose name will be randomly drawn after the giveaway close on December 6, 2016 (12 am CT). Anyone, anywhere can enter!
Best of luck, and thanks in advance for helping to spread the word about my most recent labor of love. (Sharing buttons can be found in the giveaway widget and also at the end of this post! )
*NOTE: Shipping is not included in the prize value, and at least half of the prize value must be redeemed in stencils.