CookieCon 2017

A place to chat about CookieCon 2017, scheduled for March 9-11, 2017. Meet up with other CookieCon-goers, give tips to first-time attendees, and more!

Featured Topics

Introducing Our December Site Artist

Julia M. Usher
I honestly can't believe that another year on Cookie Connection has come and nearly gone. Whoosh! (BTW, that's the sound of time flying! ) Although too short, 2017 has been unbelievably picturesque, because of the glorious site banners and backdrops that so many of you have contributed over the months. Thanks to all of our 2017 featured site artists! Without your generous donations of time and talent, our site would never have been so colorful and dynamic. If your cookies didn't hit our...Read More...
Last Reply By Tina at Sugar Wishes · First Unread Post
Hi, all! As you probably know by now, Food Network is airing a series of seven Christmas Cookie Challenges this holiday season, all with a keen focus on our passion - cookie decorating! You can see the entire first episode, called Christmas Family Fun , here, along with upcoming airtimes of this episode and the others. As if this wasn't exciting enough, at least five Cookie Connection members have competed in these challenges, and we've got the rare opportunity to talk with all of them about...Read More...

How to Edit or Delete Your Own Content

Julia M. Usher
Hi, all, I've been receiving an unusually large number of questions about how members can edit or delete their own content. It's super important for you to know how to do this, as I typically do not edit posts for people, unless I happen to see a misclassified image or other typo. It can also take me several hours to days to respond to site inquiries like this, as I work several other jobs. That being said, your surest bet for getting a quick answer is to familiarize yourself with our site...Read More...

Important Reminder about Copying and Posting Characters without Permission

Julia M. Usher
Hi, all, regrettably, I've recently had to delete some images from challenges and other areas of the site due to lack of compliance with Rule #8 of our posting guidelines, which states that artwork (including characters, from Disney, Hasbro, etc.) cannot be copied and posted here without permission from the creator : http://cookieconnection.juliau...READ-BEFORE-YOU-POST In response to those deletions, some members have asked me why so many licensed character cookies exist on the site,...Read More...
Last Reply By Julia M. Usher · First Unread Post

Adjusting Your Email Notifications and Onsite Alerts

Julia M. Usher
We all have different message-reading tastes, so Cookie Connection has been designed to allow for everyone's individual differences! The site's default email and onsite alert notifications are set to show you most of the site info that you could get notified about, just so you're aware of the site's full functionality. But I recognize that this amount of info may (or may not) be overkill for you. That said, I recommend that you edit your "Notifications" settings as soon as you join the site...Read More...

Posting Images - Please Read Before You Post!

Julia M. Usher
Read in Japanese (日本語はこちらから) (Last Translation: August 25, 2017) ________________________________ Hi, all! Before posting images or videos to the Clips area, please review the site's Terms of Use , as well as all of the following posting rules. They are designed to give your images more visibility on the site, to make sure artists are given proper credit for design inspiration and/or source artwork, and to avoid copyright violations. I'll start with the easy cataloging stuff first . . . 1.Read More...
Last Reply By Lupita Cárdenas · First Unread Post

Topics

Great Time at CookieCon 2017!

Big Cookie Dream
I'm a newbie cookier and this was my first CookieCon. It was a lot of fun. The sponsors were very generous. I've learned so much and now I need to figure out which techniques to practice first. I did purchase some of Julia's stencils so that will be at the top of the list. I made two cookies for CookieTown. My first attempt at something like this.Read More...

CookieCon 2017 Coverage in Full Swing!

Julia M. Usher
In case you missed my previous announcements here, our CookieCon 2017 coverage is now in full swing! Thanks to @Beverly Parker, and other members who have posted their contributions to the CookieCon Cookie Town Collaboration, you can see a photo diary of the event in our "CookieCon Coverage" clip set here . And, thanks to @Econlady, who's been going a mile a minute so as not to miss ANYTHING, you read read her daily CookieCon journal here . Enjoy! And, once...Read More...
Last Reply By pip · First Unread Post

It's Almost CookieCon Time - Please Share While There!

Julia M. Usher
Yes, it's almost time for the cookie event of the year - Cookie Con ! Sadly, I can't make it again this year due to preexisting classes and other commitments. However, I am 100-percent certain that those of us who don't have the time, resources, or good fortune to go to CookieCon will absolutely love to live vicariously, so, if you are going, please do not hesitate to share your experiences in any of the following areas: (1) If you're a CookieCon sponsor , and would like to tell everyone...Read More...

CookieCon 2017 Sponsor Surprises!

Julia M. Usher
Before you know it, CookieCon 2017 will be upon us, and while I can't be there in person, I will definitely be there in spirit - and on a couple of sponsor booth posters, as it turns out! What am I talking about, you ask? Well, in the first case, my "Julia" stencil logo (or some variation of it) will be flying high over my partner Stencil Ease 's booth (#35) , where they've got lots of great surprises planned for CookieCon-goers. Just look for the following image or proceed to our booth...Read More...

Seeking CookieCon 2017 Correspondents

Julia M. Usher
Hey, everyone. Like last year, I'm seeking one or two people to serve as CookieCon 2017 correspondents - meaning I'm looking for folks who would be interested in reporting on their experiences at CookieCon (while at CookieCon) to those back at home. The reporting could be in the form of photo posts (like these from last year's event ) or blog posts (like those here by last year's correspondents: @BAKRGAL aka Barb Florin, @JenniBakes4U, and @Sugar Cookie Momma, Inc.).Read More...
Last Reply By Avis · First Unread Post
Hi, all! If you didn't receive the notice already, the CookieCon 2017 site has been updated; it now has a few instructors and several pre-conference classes listed. The Sugar Show also has an exciting new collaborative category, called Cookie Town, which you can read about here . Don't forget to mark your calendars! Tickets go on sale THIS WEDNESDAY, October 26 at 7 pm MT . Space is limited to 450 people, so you'll want to click this registration link as soon as it goes live. (Again, that...Read More...
Last Reply By Thin and Rich Cookies · First Unread Post

CookieCon 2017 Dates Have Been Announced!

Julia M. Usher
Hi, all! Just a heads-up that CookieCon 2017 dates have been announced for March 9-11, 2017, with pre-conference classes taking place on March 8. Not much else has yet been announced, but here's the link to the official CookieCon site so you can check back periodically for more details. I've also created a new "CookieCon 2017" forum, where Cookie Connection members are encouraged to start conversations about planning for and connecting at CookieCon 2017. The link to that forum can be found...Read More...

CookieCon 2017 Tickets Go on Sale on October 26!

Julia M. Usher
Mark your calendars! Tickets for CookieCon 2017 (which runs from March 9 to 11 with pre-conference classes on March 8) go on sale on October 26, 2016 at 7 pm MST. Tickets will be $279. Please direct all event inquiries to Karen and Mike Summers, who organize the event and can be located through the event site . If you're interested in connecting with Cookie Connection members who are going to CookieCon (to start advance planning, to find a roommate, etc.), please remember that we have a...Read More...