Past Events - 2014 and Earlier

As the title says! This is where we had chats about the Oklahoma State Sugar Art Show, various giveaways and casting calls, and other notable cookie events before 2015.

Featured Topics

How to Edit or Delete Your Own Content

Julia M. Usher
Hi, all, I've been receiving an unusually large number of questions about how members can edit or delete their own content. It's super important for you to know how to do this, as I typically do not edit posts for people, unless I happen to see a misclassified image or other typo. It can also take me several hours to days to respond to site inquiries like this, as I work several other jobs. That being said, your surest bet for getting a quick answer is to familiarize yourself with our site...Read More...

Important Reminder about Copying and Posting Characters without Permission

Julia M. Usher
Hi, all, regrettably, I've recently had to delete some images from challenges and other areas of the site due to lack of compliance with Rule #8 of our posting guidelines, which states that artwork (including characters, from Disney, Hasbro, etc.) cannot be copied and posted here without permission from the creator : http://cookieconnection.juliau...READ-BEFORE-YOU-POST In response to those deletions, some members have asked me why so many licensed character cookies exist on the site,...Read More...
Last Reply By Julia M. Usher · First Unread Post

Adjusting Your Email Notifications and Onsite Alerts

Julia M. Usher
We all have different message-reading tastes, so Cookie Connection has been designed to allow for everyone's individual differences! The site's default email and onsite alert notifications are set to show you most of the site info that you could get notified about, just so you're aware of the site's full functionality. But I recognize that this amount of info may (or may not) be overkill for you. That said, I recommend that you edit your "Notifications" settings as soon as you join the site...Read More...

Posting Images - Please Read Before You Post!

Julia M. Usher
Read in Japanese (日本語はこちらから) (Last Translation: August 25, 2017) ________________________________ Hi, all! Before posting images or videos to the Clips area, please review the site's Terms of Use , as well as all of the following posting rules. They are designed to give your images more visibility on the site, to make sure artists are given proper credit for design inspiration and/or source artwork, and to avoid copyright violations. I'll start with the easy cataloging stuff first . . . 1.Read More...
Last Reply By Lupita Cárdenas · First Unread Post

Topics

Puss in Boots Cookie Collaboration - Check It Out!

Julia M. Usher
Hi, all, I thought you'd like to take a look at this cookie collaboration recently organized by Lorena Biscuits . Many of our Spanish members (and many others from other countries) participated, and it's a super clever idea. Basically, people were assigned parts or pages of the Puss in Boots tale to tell in cookie form; then the cookies were assembled into a large flip-book style video.  Here's the video for your viewing pleasure: Click on the YouTube icon in the lower right of the...Read More...
Hey, there! If you're interested in testing your Christmas cookie decorating mettle, here's another challenge that should be right up your alley! It's My Lovely Food  magazine's fourth edition of this contest, and this year, winners will be selected in both professional and hobbyist categories by a small panel of judges. For more information, check out this post . The contest is open to cookiers everywhere, so don't let the Spanish instructions deter you. (Google Translate did a pretty...Read More...

Superhero Cookies for a Little Boy

TheTailoredCookie
As a mother, when I hear that another mother has a dilemma, my heart wants to reach out and help. Recently, I received a request from a woman who is currently in Afghanistan serving in the US Military. She was very brief in her message but stated that she wanted to send her four year old son an assortment of his favorite super hero cookies for him and his  friends to have for his Halloween pre-school party which she cannot attend (because she's in the military) but she wanted him to...Read More...
Last Reply By TheTailoredCookie · First Unread Post

Cookie'sCool Update - Site Back Up and More

Julia M. Usher
Hi, all! Just a quick notice to alert you to the fact that the Cookie'sCool event site is back up, which should make it much easier to view all of the workshops/hands-on classes and make selections. Again, the event is in Genoa, Italy, from November 14-16, 2014, and it features lots of cookie artists, including myself. More information can be found on the Cookie'sCool site and in the Cookie Connection event calendar . Also, attached is a pdf showing all of the workshops/classes and...Read More...

3rd Annual GO BO Foundation Bake Sale

Julia M. Usher
Cookiers unite! This is a time for cookiers to give back to those in need by donating cookies to this wonderful cause (and bake sale).  The GO BO Foundation brings hope to children with life-threatening medical conditions by funding research, supporting treatment, and helping their families during times of financial need. And the bake sale, organized by Jill Wettstein of Funky Cookie Studio, has raised tens of thousands of dollars for this cause over the last two years. More info...Read More...

Operation USS Vinson Halloween Invasion

Rabbott
The USS Vinson just deployed for six months. What do you say we send them some Halloween cookies to cheer them up during deployment. I'm suggesting a dozen cookies but please feel free to send as many as you like. Any cookies will be great. Does not have to be decorated Halloween cookies. I will be sending three doz en, mixture of drop cookies and halloween cookies. Target date for mailing is October 1. Let's show 5,000 of our finest some Cookie Love! Who is in? Send cookies to: Lt Al...Read More...
Last Reply By JackieLynn · First Unread Post

Cookie Encounter in Brazil - Coming Up, August 30 and 31

Julia M. Usher
Ooh, the time for Brazil's first-ever cookie encounter is fast approaching. I am so honored to be part of this international event, organized by the very fabulous Margaret Cotrim (aka Cookieria by Margaret ). I'll be demonstrating two advanced cookie projects as well as doing a hands-on class showing basic wafer paper flower and leaf techniques. I hope to see many of you there. More info here .Read More...

ButterWinks Class in MA, One Day Only!

Mallory of ButterWinks!
I'm going out of town in September and I'm in the middle of setting up a somewhat impromptu class. I've added it to the event calendar: http://cookieconnection.juliau...der-man-one-day-only Check it out there or Email Wickedgoodpastry@gmail.com for details!  Read More...
Mallory's (ButterWinks') recent post about the cookie competition at the 2015 Cake Fest Louisiana spurred me to remind you all that the Oklahoma State Sugar Art Show (OSSAS) is once again conducting its annual decorated cookie competition. They have also added a gingerbread competition this year. The show, emceed by the one and only Kerry Vincent, is in Tulsa, Oklahoma as always, and runs from September 27 to 28, 2014 (with setup on September 26).  HOWEVER, entry forms must be...Read More...

Cookie'sCool Registration Now Open!

Julia M. Usher
The first European cookie decorating show and conference, Cookie'sCool is slated for November 14-16, 2014 in Genoa, Italy. And you won't want to miss it! Julia M. Usher will be appearing as the mistress of ceremonies at this event. Throughout the event, there will be free demonstrations and competitions and special classes with the following fabulous cookie decorators, in no particular order: Arty McGoo, ButterWinks!, CookieCrazie, De Koekenbakkers, Ali's Sweet Tooth, The Hungry...Read More...

Midwest Cookier Meetup - Elk Grove, IL

Amber @ A Cookie Family
Just putting the finishing touches on a meetup for Midwest USA cookiers that will be held  in June.  More information can be found on the website: http://midwestcookiers.com/ Registration is $50 and will open at 3 PM on Friday 5/23.   Event is limited to the first 25 paid attendees - we want to keep it somewhat intimate! Hotel rooms have been reserved at the group rate of $99/night This is an informal get-together focused largely on practicing techniques and using new tools.Read More...

Update on Cookie Cruise 2015!

Julia M. Usher
Haven't heard about Cookie Cruise 2015 (January 22-26)?! Well, in a nutshell, it's a cookie course, featuring five instructors (myself included), that travels from Galveston, Texas to Cozumel! For more event info, click here . As for the update: word has it that spots (limited to about 50) are filling fast, so don't delay in registering! Cristin Sohm of Cristin's Cookies was also recently added to the roster! If you can't make it, please feel free to spread the word on social media. I know...Read More...
Last Reply By Mallory of ButterWinks! · First Unread Post
*** Another News Flash! *** Food Network is also looking for the most talented young bakers in the country between the ages of 8 and 13. If you know a young baker who would be a great fit for the show, please have his/her parents follow the details listed on the casting flyer below. *Only submissions sent by parents will be accepted. Submissions and inquiries should be sent to  kidsbakingchallenge@leg-corp.com . Read More...

Food Network Casting Now for The Great Holiday Bake-Off

Julia M. Usher
*** News Flash! *** The Food Network is scouring the country looking for people who love to bake! Are you passionate about baking? Do you love the holidays? Do you know how to make an amazing yule log or have a secret family recipe for a pumpkin pie that will take down the competition? Well if so, this is the perfect show for you! The Great Holiday Bake-Off is a major TV showdown where versatile baking enthusiasts enter the Food Network kitchen in a fun holiday battle to win a big cash...Read More...

Crazy Legs Productions Is Casting for Cookie Designers

Julia M. Usher
Heads up, everyone! Cookies are headed for TV! I just caught wind of the following casting call on Facebook, and thought many of you might want to consider it. Read on. The following is copied verbatim from the Crazy Legs Productions' Facebook page: CASTING CALL! Are you a pastry chef and cookie designer who creates edible works of art, which take hours to design and make? Do you run your own bakery that constantly has a line out the door with people who want to buy one of your elaborate...Read More...

View All Nine CookieCon 2014 Video Interviews!

Julia M. Usher
Hi, all, thanks for you patience as I was battling with a very slow internet connection here at the Hilton, site of CookieCon 2014! I finally managed to upload to YouTube all nine of the video interviews that I conducted here. These interviews include Mike and Karen Summers, founders of CookieCon and our generous convention party hosts, and a completely fortuitous sampling of sponsors and presenters. A disclaimer : I am not a videographer, just a cookier who tried to share what she could.Read More...
The first-ever European cookie event in Genoa, Cookie'sCool, has been evolving in recent weeks. So I thought I'd give you the very latest! It has been rescheduled from May to November, and several new instructors were just added, including Ali's Sweet Tooth, The Hungry Hippopotamus, and Evelin Decora, leaving them with a total of eight instructors from all over the world. For more info, check out our calendar listing and the event site listed there. Hope to see you there!Read More...
Last Reply By Sweet Southern Cookie-Loretta Ray · First Unread Post

Special CookieCon Deals from Cookie Connection

Julia M. Usher
Hi, Just a quick heads-up to all of you going to CookieCon. I'm looking forward to being a sponsor/vendor this year - so much so that I've worked up some great deals for you.   In addition to offering 10% off on my book Ultimate Cookie s and my...Read More...