Other 2015 Events

The place where we chatted about other 2015 events, apart from CookieCon and Cookie Cruise. 

Featured Topics

Julia's February Stencil Release!

Julia M. Usher
Hi, everyone! It's that time again to unveil the latest releases in my Prettier Plaques TM stencil line . If you haven't heard about my new line, introduced in November and designed in partnership with Stencil Ease , you can read all about it here ! This month, I'm adding five (!) new five-stencil sets (also sold as separates) to my rapidly expanding line, including my February Stencil of the Month. As a reminder, my Stencil of the Month is part of my Stencil of the Month Club (natch! ),...Read More...
Last Reply By Julia M. Usher · First Unread Post

Seeking CookieCon 2017 Correspondents

Julia M. Usher
Hey, everyone. Like last year, I'm seeking one or two people to serve as CookieCon 2017 correspondents - meaning I'm looking for folks who would be interested in reporting on their experiences at CookieCon (while at CookieCon) to those back at home. The reporting could be in the form of photo posts (like these from last year's event ) or blog posts (like those here by last year's correspondents: @BAKRGAL aka Barb Florin, @JenniBakes4U, and @Sugar Cookie Momma, Inc.).Read More...
Last Reply By Avis · First Unread Post

You'll Love Our February Site Artists!

Julia M. Usher
As Charles M. Schulz once said, " All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." Of course, the same can be said of cookies too, especially cookies as wondrous as the love-inducing sets gracing our banner and backdrop throughout this Valentine month! I guarantee you'll fall head over heels as soon as you see them! And I do mean "sets", plural! We're super fortunate to have not one, but two site contributions for February, which will be taking turns in the spotlight.Read More...
Last Reply By Teresa Pękul · First Unread Post

Important Reminder about Copying and Posting Characters without Permission

Julia M. Usher
Hi, all, regrettably, I've recently had to delete some images from challenges and other areas of the site due to lack of compliance with Rule #8 of our posting guidelines, which states that artwork (including characters, from Disney, Hasbro, etc.) cannot be copied and posted here without permission from the creator : http://cookieconnection.juliau...READ-BEFORE-YOU-POST In response to those deletions, some members have asked me why so many licensed character cookies exist on the site,...Read More...

Adjusting Your Email Notifications

Julia M. Usher
We all have different email-reading tastes, so  Cookie Connection has been designed to allow for everyone's individual differences!    The site's default email notifications are set to show you most of the site info that you could get...Read More...

Posting Images - Please Read Before You Post!

Julia M. Usher
Hi, all! Before posting images or videos to the Clips area, please review the site's Terms of Use , as well as all of the following posting rules. They are designed to give your images more visibility on the site, to make sure artists are given proper credit for design inspiration and/or source artwork, and to avoid copyright violations. I'll start with the easy cataloging stuff first . . . 1. Be sure to edit the main photo title so it's descriptive of the cookie . Many people are uploading...Read More...
Last Reply By Lupita Cárdenas · First Unread Post

Topics

Christmas is the time for cookie collaborations, it seems! Here's one , organized by member Beth Bougie of Love Bug Cakes and Cookies that's especially striking - a collection of 40 or so cookie ornaments, all designed by different cookiers, and gracing  a wooden tree! (She also shows cookie detail shots of each ornament; just scroll on through her Facebook gallery!)Read More...
Last Reply By SugarDotCookies · First Unread Post
Hi, all, just a little cookie/human interest story for some extra motivation. If you've ever dreamed of being on national TV and competing in a Food Network Challenge, then this story is testament to the fact that it pays to follow your dreams! Earlier this summer, in June to be exact, fellow cookier Tarsha Joyner of Mrs. Joy's Absolutely Fabulous Treats (pictured above, left) saw a casting call for a Christmas Cookie Challenge posted here on Cookie Connection . She seized the...Read More...
Last Reply By Joanie · First Unread Post

More 2015 Cake Masters Awards Video Coverage

Julia M. Usher
Hi, all! I just discovered a veritable treasure trove of video footage related to the recent Cake Masters Magazine awards ceremony in Birmingham, England.   I thought you'd all be interested to see Honeycat Cookies' (aka Lucy Samuels, winner of...Read More...

Bake to the Future - A Cookie Collaboration!

Shel @ Sweet Petite
Hello I'm Shel and I make cookies over at Sweet Petite I'm a total geek and have always been a huge fan of Back to the Future! (stay with me, it’s cookie related honest!) and if you’ve seen the films, the day Marty McFly travels to into the future is coming up! It’s October the 21st 2015. and I think it would be great if we could get together to mark the day...with sweet treats!! The Cakenweenie event that happened last year for Tim Burton’s birthday and the Harry Potter one that’s just...Read More...

ALS Silicone Cookie Mold - Cookie Connection Member Offer

Susan Moniz
Hello all, Like many of you, I wanted to be involved with the ALS effort. Although I don’t sell or decorate cookies as a business, I do create handcrafted silicone cookie molds and recently made an ALS Association logo, with all profits going to its research and patient services. I’d like to extend a 50% discount on this mold to Cookie Connection members to help encourage you to bake cookies for the cause. Again, all profits would go to ALS. If interested, find a direct link to the ALS mold...Read More...

The Tailored Cookie Giveaway

TheTailoredCookie
Hi everyone! I am hosting a giveaway on my Facebook & Instagram pages! The contest runs until today at 5:00! I have three AWESOME vendors that have offered up some of their goodies for 3 lucky winners! Check out my Facebook page or Instagram to check out the details of the Giveaway! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages...527183?ref=bookmarks Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/0-XY0V...en-by=tailoredcookie (*Julia, not sure if I can upload the "Giveaway Picture"...Read More...
Last Reply By Wildflower · First Unread Post
It is going to be a crazy week filled with 7 days of fantastic prizes just waiting to be handed out. Each day I will be giving away at least $50 worth in prizes. The last give-away day a new model of the Pegasus Air Brush will be handed out to one of you lucky people! I am going to be absolutely jealous of whoever wins this beaut. I had to stop myself from tearing the box to shreds when it came in the mail the other day…ok…a little bit of an over dramatization…but the point remains…this Air...Read More...