Other 2015 Events

The place where we chatted about other 2015 events, apart from CookieCon and Cookie Cruise. 

Featured Topics

Congratulations to Our New Site Contributor!

Julia M. Usher
Hi, everyone! I've got a great surprise for you! @Aproned Artist, aka Samantha Yacovetta, has officially joined our team of Cookie Connection contributors as of today! As you probably know from seeing her work on this site, she's made a name for herself in the cookie world with her precise work, elegant designs, and keen attention to showstopping details. So it only makes sense then that her bimonthly cookie tutorials will focus on the special little details that make big...Read More...
Last Reply By Manu · First Unread Post

July Live Chat - You Won't Want to Miss Our Superstar Guest!

Julia M. Usher
Hang onto your pastry bags, Cookie Connection members! We've got a world-class sugar artist and educator as our featured guest in our upcoming July chat! (Aside: I'm still working on scheduling our June chat, and will keep you posted if it should materialize.) Wondering who our July chatter might be? Here are some hints . . . he comes from the UK, but now lives in Georgia, USA; he first rose to stardom, at a very young age, because of his fabulous cakes and sugar flowers; he's made sweets...Read More...
Last Reply By Chu-A-Cookie · First Unread Post

Say Hello to Our Harbinger of Summer, Our June Site Artist!

Julia M. Usher
Summer hasn't yet fully arrived here in Missouri - on one day, the thermostat might trick you into thinking it has, and then, on the very next day, it plummets to brisk spring-like temperatures, usually accompanied by lots of rain. Well, I'm ready for brighter, warmer days every day (and not for sun-bathing, but to help my cookies dry faster!), so I'm going to will the new season to arrive (at least in my mind) by plastering this site with super summery artwork this month: Isn't our June...Read More...
Last Reply By Ryoko ~Cookie Ave. · First Unread Post

Say Congrats to Contributor Leoni Eckart, aka Laegwen!

Julia M. Usher
Hi, all! As I'm sure most of our site veterans are well aware, @Laegwen, known in real life as Leoni Eckart, has been an official Cookie Connection contributor for just over a year! She made her inaugural blog post on May 12, 2016, and has been posting her inspired cookie tutorials under the Get Inspired with Laegwen section of our blog ever since. Lucky us! Words really can't express how appreciative I am of Leoni's consistently high quality work and commitment to...Read More...
Last Reply By Faby Amor · First Unread Post

How to Edit or Delete Your Own Content

Julia M. Usher
Hi, all, I've been receiving an unusually large number of questions about how members can edit or delete their own content. It's super important for you to know how to do this, as I typically do not edit posts for people, unless I happen to see a misclassified image or other typo. It can also take me several hours to days to respond to site inquiries like this, as I work several other jobs. That being said, your surest bet for getting a quick answer is to familiarize yourself with our site...Read More...

Important Reminder about Copying and Posting Characters without Permission

Julia M. Usher
Hi, all, regrettably, I've recently had to delete some images from challenges and other areas of the site due to lack of compliance with Rule #8 of our posting guidelines, which states that artwork (including characters, from Disney, Hasbro, etc.) cannot be copied and posted here without permission from the creator : http://cookieconnection.juliau...READ-BEFORE-YOU-POST In response to those deletions, some members have asked me why so many licensed character cookies exist on the site,...Read More...
Last Reply By Julia M. Usher · First Unread Post

Adjusting Your Email Notifications

Julia M. Usher
We all have different email-reading tastes, so  Cookie Connection has been designed to allow for everyone's individual differences!    The site's default email notifications are set to show you most of the site info that you could get...Read More...

Posting Images - Please Read Before You Post!

Julia M. Usher
Hi, all! Before posting images or videos to the Clips area, please review the site's Terms of Use , as well as all of the following posting rules. They are designed to give your images more visibility on the site, to make sure artists are given proper credit for design inspiration and/or source artwork, and to avoid copyright violations. I'll start with the easy cataloging stuff first . . . 1. Be sure to edit the main photo title so it's descriptive of the cookie . Many people are uploading...Read More...
Last Reply By Lupita Cárdenas · First Unread Post

Topics

Christmas is the time for cookie collaborations, it seems! Here's one , organized by member Beth Bougie of Love Bug Cakes and Cookies that's especially striking - a collection of 40 or so cookie ornaments, all designed by different cookiers, and gracing  a wooden tree! (She also shows cookie detail shots of each ornament; just scroll on through her Facebook gallery!)Read More...
Last Reply By SugarDotCookies · First Unread Post
Hi, all, just a little cookie/human interest story for some extra motivation. If you've ever dreamed of being on national TV and competing in a Food Network Challenge, then this story is testament to the fact that it pays to follow your dreams! Earlier this summer, in June to be exact, fellow cookier Tarsha Joyner of Mrs. Joy's Absolutely Fabulous Treats (pictured above, left) saw a casting call for a Christmas Cookie Challenge posted here on Cookie Connection . She seized the...Read More...
Last Reply By Joanie · First Unread Post

More 2015 Cake Masters Awards Video Coverage

Julia M. Usher
Hi, all! I just discovered a veritable treasure trove of video footage related to the recent Cake Masters Magazine awards ceremony in Birmingham, England.   I thought you'd all be interested to see Honeycat Cookies' (aka Lucy Samuels, winner of...Read More...

Bake to the Future - A Cookie Collaboration!

Shel @ Sweet Petite
Hello I'm Shel and I make cookies over at Sweet Petite I'm a total geek and have always been a huge fan of Back to the Future! (stay with me, it’s cookie related honest!) and if you’ve seen the films, the day Marty McFly travels to into the future is coming up! It’s October the 21st 2015. and I think it would be great if we could get together to mark the day...with sweet treats!! The Cakenweenie event that happened last year for Tim Burton’s birthday and the Harry Potter one that’s just...Read More...

ALS Silicone Cookie Mold - Cookie Connection Member Offer

Susan Moniz
Hello all, Like many of you, I wanted to be involved with the ALS effort. Although I don’t sell or decorate cookies as a business, I do create handcrafted silicone cookie molds and recently made an ALS Association logo, with all profits going to its research and patient services. I’d like to extend a 50% discount on this mold to Cookie Connection members to help encourage you to bake cookies for the cause. Again, all profits would go to ALS. If interested, find a direct link to the ALS mold...Read More...

The Tailored Cookie Giveaway

TheTailoredCookie
Hi everyone! I am hosting a giveaway on my Facebook & Instagram pages! The contest runs until today at 5:00! I have three AWESOME vendors that have offered up some of their goodies for 3 lucky winners! Check out my Facebook page or Instagram to check out the details of the Giveaway! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages...527183?ref=bookmarks Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/0-XY0V...en-by=tailoredcookie (*Julia, not sure if I can upload the "Giveaway Picture"...Read More...
Last Reply By Wildflower · First Unread Post
It is going to be a crazy week filled with 7 days of fantastic prizes just waiting to be handed out. Each day I will be giving away at least $50 worth in prizes. The last give-away day a new model of the Pegasus Air Brush will be handed out to one of you lucky people! I am going to be absolutely jealous of whoever wins this beaut. I had to stop myself from tearing the box to shreds when it came in the mail the other day…ok…a little bit of an over dramatization…but the point remains…this Air...Read More...