** TENTATIVELY RESCHEDULED TO JUNE 26-27, 2021 DUE TO CORONAVIRUS **
MORE INFO COMING BY JANUARY 1, 2021
Hosted by: Christine Lebold and Michigan Cookiers
Location: Ypsilanti, Michigan, USA
Description: In this two-day hands-on cookie decorating course, Julia will guide students step by step through the decorating and assembly of two of her most popular 3-D projects: a playful baby cradle (filled with teddy bear cookies, royal icing pillows, and an edible lace blanket) and an ornate baby rattle. On Day One, Julia will demonstrate how the more unusual contoured and molded cookie pieces are shaped and baked. Students will shape a few smaller pieces to gain experience with these methods, but will spend most of the first day icing and prepping already-baked pieces and making embellishments (mini roses, royal icing transfers, and edible lace) in preparation for more detailed decorating work and assembly on Day Two.
Techniques covered: Contoured cookies, molded cookies, outlining and flooding, dipping, sponging, royal icing roses, royal icing transfers, edible lace, rubber-stamping, fondant appliqués, dusting, drawing, edible paper trims and ribbons, various piped borders, and 3-D stacked and sandwiched assembly.
What you’ll take home: 2 elaborately decorated 3-D cookies including: 1 baby cradle (with 1 to 2 small teddy bears) and 1 baby rattle. Designs will closely follow those depicted.
Prerequisites: 2-D cookie decorating experience is highly recommended; no 3-D decorating experience is necessary.
(1) All tools and materials will be supplied, but are for classroom use only.
(2) Class size is limited to ensure everyone gets the utmost of Julia’s attention – so don’t delay in signing up!
(3) Each student will leave with two lavishly decorated 3-D cookies (in a take-home cookie box), one of Julia’s stencil sets ($19 value), and a set of digital class notes with Julia’s recipes and sources.
(4) Lunch is included each day.
(5) Students’ designs are limited to variations of those depicted in the photos, limited only by the tools on hand in class.
For pricing and to register: www.michigancookiers.com