Skip to main content

Hey, all, I wanted to make sure that everyone reads the 3-D clip set definition before posting more cookies there. I found a hodge-podge of cookies in there this morning. All were stunning, but not all fit the definition set up for that category. (When in doubt about a clip set definition, click on the clip set name, and the definition will reveal at the top of the page that opens up.)

Anywho . . . here's the definition that is in place for this category:

Share your 3-D cookie art! This is the place for cookies that involve more than one cookie in some form of construction, such as stacked or layered cookies, houses, boxes, and other cookie structures that stand upright.

NOTE: 2-D cookies with icing or fondant volume are best placed in other categories, such as "Wet on Wet Cookies" and "Fondant-Covered Cookies," respectively. Also, 4-D cookies, by definition, are 3-D cookies with the addition of a cookie moving part or parts.

Thanks for helping to keep our categories orderly!

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Actually - I just tackled it!  Yes, please also note that the category "Decorative Cookies with Little or No Icing" is defined as follows:

A place to put fancy (yet largely naked) cookies that get their fanciness primarily from colored doughs or how the dough is shaped or pieced together, rather than from icing, fondant, or some other medium covering the tops

I removed all cookies that were completely covered with either fondant or royal icing from this set, as there are already several categories that capture cookies of these types. Thanks again.

Last edited by Julia M. Usher

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.