March 21, 2020, 9 am - 5 pm
Sugar Art Supply, 4455 Telegraph Road S-200, Saint Louis, MO 63129
Description: Take your cookie decorating skills to unimagined levels with world-renowned cookie artist Julia M. Usher in this one-day hands-on class. You’ll get a crash course in 10-plus fundamental decorating techniques while creating two (or more) magical cookies featuring mermaids and fairies – perfect for spring birthdays or any fanciful occasion. Along the way, you’ll gain experience with Julia’s Dynamic Duos™ layered stencil sets, and receive an in-depth airbrushing lesson that covers multi-color applications on one stencil using precision-control and shading techniques.
Techniques covered: Molded cookies; rubber-stamping; fondant appliqués; airbrushing (both precision-control and shading techniques); stenciling; royal icing transfers; wafer paper flowers, fairy wings, and bows; isomalt “sea glass”; dusting with compressed petal dusts; dimensional assembly; and various piped borders and embellishments.
What you’ll take home: 2 to 3 elaborately decorated 2-D cookies, similar to those depicted, including: 1 airbrushed-stenciled and stamped mermaid design with fondant appliqués, isomalt “sea glass”, molded cookies, and other piped embellishments; and 1 airbrushed-stenciled fairy cookie with wafer paper wings, wafer paper flowers, and fondant appliqués. Designs will vary with students’ imaginations! As time permits, students can create a third design.
Prerequisites: This class is suitable for all skill levels.
(1) All tools and materials will be supplied, but are for classroom use only.
(2) Class size is limited to ensure everyone gets the utmost of Julia’s attention – so don’t delay in signing up!
(3) Each student will leave with two to three lavishly decorated cookies (in a take-home cookie box), one of Julia’s stencil sets ($19 value), and a set of digital class notes with Julia’s recipes and sources.
(4) Lunch is not included, but students can find several eating establishments within ¼ mile of the venue; a 45-minute lunch break will occur roughly midway through class.
(5) Students’ designs are limited to two (or three) of those depicted in the photos, or two (or three) of their own imagination, limited only by the tools on hand in class.
Price: $250 per person (Notes: Price is about half the usual, as it's on Julia's home turf! No children under the age of 13; minors must be accompanied by an adult.)
Registration information and cancellation policy:
Please contact Julia M Usher at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Payment will be accepted via Paypal.
(1) Payment in full is required at the time of registration. Space will not be held otherwise.
(2) Registration will close two weeks prior to the event on March 7, 2020. After this time, no refunds will be issued, though registration can be transferred to another individual if Julia is notified in advance (and provided the new student’s name and contact information). Prior to March 7, Julia will grant a partial refund (25%) for any class cancellations.
(3) Should class minimums not be met by March 7, or should Julia have to cancel for some other unforeseen reason, full refunds will be issued.